I am sure that your friends love and care about you. They want the best for you. But, they cannot know what’s best for you when it comes to your relationship because they only know what you tell them.
We are all guilty of sharing private details of our love lives with our friends hoping that they will tell us what to do. However, our friends are not in the relationship and they can’t give us solid advice because they only see our side of things.
And the problem is, that often we are guilty of revealing too much to them. Whenever we feel angry and nervous about something our partner did, we tell them. We complain about all the little things that happen in our relationship without realizing that we give them a wrong perception of the situation.
Because even if we are satisfied 90% with our relationship and we complain about that remaining 10%, our friends will ask us why we stay in the relationship if we are not happy. They may even start disliking our partner thus distancing us even more from them.
Of course, they don’t do this on purpose. They may really want the best for us from their heart and that’s why they are protective of us. It unnerves them when they hear us talking bad things about our partner and they are prone to say to us that they don’t deserve the wonderful and amazing person that we are.
And then, what do we usually do? We get defensive. We get mad. We think that they hate our partner and want us to separate from them. That’s really not fair. And sadly, we are doing this without being aware.
It is not fair to your friends and it is not fair to your partner. And if your partner really is an awful human being and they lied to you or cheated on you, then get mad at them, break up with them, do anything but don’t get angry at your friends for telling you the truth.
We should all remember that if our friends are truly our good friends, they only want the best for us.
Share this article with your loving friends and thank them for always being there for you.