Life is undoubtedly hard, but one of the things that make those hardest, challenging periods worth it is the fact that they always reveal the truth. Whether it’s the start of a new journey, a terrible loss or a change of heart, one thing is certain.
Tough times open our eyes and confront us with reality. And sometimes even though we cannot see, these transformations can be true blessings in disguise. People say that it is during the worst times of your life that you will get to see the true colors of the people who say they care about you… And honestly, I couldn’t agree more.
If you are someone who is going through the same right now, don’t despair. This might be a lot to take in right now, but it is the truth.
Whatever is happening, I want you to know that you, deserve more. You, my friend, deserve someone who needs you in their life, not a person who only sees you as an option.
Here are 7 signs that you are in a relationship with a person who doesn’t deserve you:
1. They make you doubt yourself. They make you feel less. Like a nobody. Nothing you do is ever enough for them. The only thing you feel when you are around them is self-pity, which is a big red flag.
2. They lie to you. You feel it in your gut. They don’t always tell you the truth. Instead, they do their best to cover the truth with some silly, childish excuses that even a kid would find them suspicious. This is a sign that you might want to stop and reevaluate this relationship.
3. They don’t have time for you. Other people are always more important than you. Friends, family, even colleagues, they all come before you. If this is something that has been going on for a long time, it is time to put a stop to it.
4. You feel like you give more than you receive. They treat you like a doormat. They use you. You are open to sharing every part of your life with them, but they are not ready to reciprocate. For some reason, they don’t. You are the only one who always makes the sacrifices. The only one who always fights for your relationship.
5. They want to change you. Mold you into a person that will perfectly fit their ideals. And you are letting them. You are letting them turn you into someone you are not. If this is the case, stop it before you lose yourself completely. You are enough. You don’t need to change to make someone happy.
6. You don’t feel like you can rely on them for help. If you know that your partner is not going to be there for you when you need them, you are living a lie… Confront them while you still have time. The sooner you do it, the better off you’ll be.
7. You feel insecure around them. You are worthy of more than you can imagine. You just can’t see it. You can’t see your worth because of them. Don’t let yourself lose your identity over anyone. You deserve someone who needs you, loves you and takes care of you, not a person who only sees you as an option. You deserve someone who gives you strength, not takes it away from you.