It’s no lie. The world is going through one of its hardest times in history. I know. This is not the worst that has happened on Planet Earth. Some of you out there have been through worst times, survived wars, faced many losses, fought for your rights and yet you’re still here.
But still, you can’t deny it. Right now we have an emergency on Planet Earth… Humanity is facing a global crisis. Perhaps one of the greatest crises of the 21st century. And it’s tough. The things that we’ve been instructed to do in order to keep ourselves and the people around us safe are to stay home and wash our hands. However, right now it’s day 20 and the truth is… It’s tough.
But you want the truth?
Slowing down is one of the best things that have happened to me in the past few years… I’m serious. It’s been a long time since I’ve really stopped and talked to myself. I mean it… I can’t remember the last time I actually listened to my thoughts without being interrupted by everything that surrounds me…
So, I guess this is it. This is the time to finally do that. The world is giving us a chance to stop, take a deep breathe and smell the roses. Let’s not take it for granted.
1. Open your eyes to the beauty around you. I urge you to do that right now. Right at this moment. Wake up from your dream. Can you see the sunlight peeking through your window? Can you smell the freshly squeezed orange juice that is coming from the kitchen? Can you listen to the birds chirping? It’s springtime. Life is everywhere around you. Take it all in. You are here now. There’s nothing more precious than that.
2. Start meditating. Start your day with some stretching routine. You can sign up for a beginner’s class online. Or better yet, you can try it yourself. Close your eyes, shut all the electronics off and focus on your thoughts. Don’t try to block them. Instead, let them flow freely and just observe…
3. Change your eating habits. Try some of those recipes that you’ve been saving on your phone. If this isn’t the best time to experiment with different diets, I don’t know what it… Stack your fridge with the necessary nutritional foods and let your imagination go wild.
4. Get creative. You don’t have to be a pro painter, photographer, artist, cook or singer to do the things that fill your heart with joy. This is the time to let yourself be free and just go with the flow. This is the time to follow your heart and really focus on what you love. Who knows what might come out of it once this crisis ends…
5. Read those books that you’ve been piling up for a long time. Lose yourself in your imaginary world. Let your mind wander. Or don’t read a book. Watch those movies on your watch list. De-clutter or rearrange your room. Dance around. Sing from the top of your lungs. Enjoy yourself in every way that you can.
6. Spend some time with your loved ones. Hug them. Kiss them. Remind them how much you love them.
7. Take a deep breath and reconnect with your lost self. Visit the darkest places of your soul and face your demons. Even those scariest ones that you’ve been avoiding for a long time. Sit them down and confront them. No matter how scared you are. Have a long conversation with yourself. Reconnect with your inner being. Get to know yourself a bit better. You have all the time in the world right now. So, what’s stopping you?