Food is the main fuel that keeps our body functioning. But, what will happen if you decide to begin with skipping meals and then stop eating altogether?
We are all guilty of skipping a meal or two from time to time. And skipping meals does not seem to be such a big deal given the overwhelming and busy lives that we lead.
But, what exactly happens to your body when you skip a meal? Or worse, what happens to your body when you decide to stop eating food altogether? It will affect your body more than you think.
From making you feel ‘hungry’ to your body beginning to ‘eat itself,’ there are 5 key stages that your body goes through when you stop eating food according to asapSCIENCE.
THE FIRST 6 HOURS:
Everything in your body is still normal. Your body starts to dissolve glycogen (the energy source in your body) into glucose that is the energetic fuel for your cells.
Approximately 25% of this energy is used for the functioning of your brain, while the remaining 75% is used by your red blood cells and the muscles in your body.
AFTER 6 HOURS:
After your body runs out of glycogen, this energy production process stops. This will make you feel both hungry and angry – ‘hangry.’
FROM 6 TO 72 HOURS:
Your body enters the ketosis state, a state when your body starts to starve. And because there are no supplies of glucose left in your body – your body starts to disintegrate fat and turn it into energy.
Even though this may sound like a good solution for getting rid of your extra fat – it is not. It is actually very harmful for your brain’s function.
AFTER 72 HOURS
After this time your body is literally ‘eating’ itself. Your body begins to use the protein reserves because there are no storages of fat and sugar left in your body.
1 – 2 WEEKS
With no vitamins and minerals intakes, your immune system will drop along with your libido and menstruation (for women).
3 – 10 WEEKS
Starvation may lead to death in 3 weeks or up to 10 weeks.
Spread the awareness!
- Dating an Overthinker Woman With A Big Heart And An Overthinking Mind Is Difficult But Worth It - 11/29/2022
- The Evil Mind Of The Narcissist And Their False World Based On Manipulation And Lies - 11/27/2022
- If You’re Not Happy With Your Life – Change It. It’s Your Responsibility To Do So - 11/17/2022