There come times in your life when you feel like the whole weight of the world is on your shoulders. You are falling deep into the depths of despair and it seems like there is no way out.
If you are feeling this way, you may seriously need a mental break. Even if you think that you are strong enough to handle it all – you really shouldn’t. You should take a break instead and revitalize your mind and body.
Here are 8 telltale signs that you are mentally burned out and you desperately need to take a break.
1. YOU NEGLECT YOURSELF AND YOUR NEEDS.
You stopped putting yourself first. You started neglecting your own needs and your heart’s desires. All of this is taking a serious toll on you. You feel lost and insecure. Everything that once mattered to you suddenly has lost its meaning and it just doesn’t make sense anymore.
2. YOU FEEL EXTREMELY UPSET ALL THE TIME.
You feel overwhelmed and upset all the time. Sometimes you feel like you cannot breathe. You can’t calm down. Your emotions are high every time and you get irritated by the slightest things. Even when everything is fine, you still don’t feel happy.
3. YOU ARE IN PHYSICAL PAIN.
You are often experiencing stomachaches and headaches. Yes, the stress started manifesting in physical pain.
4. YOU OFTEN FEEL CONFUSED AND OVERWHELMED.
Your mind is foggy, and you can’t seem to sort out your thoughts and think clearly. Your concentration is very low, and you feel like you couldn’t do anything right.
5. YOUR SLEEPING PATTERN SUFFERS.
You have difficulties falling asleep and when you do sleep – you have trouble waking up. And no matter how much you sleep you never wake up feeling rested. This is because even when you go to sleep, your mind is still active, and the stress can’t leave your body.
6. YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE ALWAYS FAILING.
You have lost all hope. You feel like everything you begin is doomed to fail. You feel like your whole life is falling apart and you are just an observer, unable to do anything.
7. YOU ARE STRESSED ABOUT THE PAST AND CANNOT FOCUS ON THE FUTURE.
When your focus is on the past your future is nowhere to be found. If thinking about your past is stressing you out, it is a clear sign that you are mentally overwhelmed, and you have to take a break.
8. YOU ARE ISOLATING YOURSELF.
You push your closest people away. Don’t do that. The more you isolate yourself from the people who truly love you, the worse you’ll feel. Let them help you.
Image: Alexander Shark
- Dating an Overthinker Woman With A Big Heart And An Overthinking Mind Is Difficult But Worth It - 11/29/2022
- The Evil Mind Of The Narcissist And Their False World Based On Manipulation And Lies - 11/27/2022
- If You’re Not Happy With Your Life – Change It. It’s Your Responsibility To Do So - 11/17/2022