You may not realize this yet but having an older sister in your life is the best thing that can happen to you. It is having a friend that you can talk to whenever you feel like it. It’s having a partner in crime who will always look out for you. It’s having a soulmate who will always be there for you.
But more importantly, it is having someone who will always love you unconditionally, no matter what.
All things considered, family is really everything.
If you still need more reasons to believe that your bigger sister is the most important person in your life, keep reading:
1. She is your BFF (literally). She’s been there from day one. She has experienced many life’s challenges with you by her side. She has seen part of you. And she has practically raised you. No friend of yours could ever replace her in your life. No person could ever take care of you more than she does.
2. She makes you feel comfortable about opening up to her. When you are around her, she makes you feel like you have nothing to hide from her. She is always there to cheer you up and listen to everything you have to say. That is why you are not afraid to be exactly who you are when you are together. No matter how silly you may sound, your sister will always be there to support you.
3. She understands what you are going through. She knows exactly how you feel at any time because she can sense it. It’s simple. She is family. She shares the same blood. The same past. The same experiences. Your sister is the only person who can really empathize with you.
4. She helps you see from a perspective that is beyond your years. Unlike, the rest of your generation, including your friends, your sister is always there to open your eyes and share with you a valuable perspective that is not really common among your peers. This is what makes her the best person to talk to when you are going through a challengeable period in life.
5. She is always honest with you. No matter how ugly or harsh the truth may be, she is always ready to share it with you. Even if that hurts you or disappoints you. That is what family is for. To slap you in the face with the uncomfortable truth for your own sake.
6. She is always there to open the doors to her home and welcome you like it’s yours. Even if it’s 4 am in the morning on a workday. She is there because she is family. And family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.
7. She gives the best advice. She is older than you, therefore she’s twice as wiser. She has overcome many obstacles and experienced many things in life, so she is the perfect person to run to when you feel lost and confused.
8. She is your biggest support. When the whole world turns against you and no one believes in you, she is the one who stands by your side, supports your cause and encourages you to keep moving on, regardless of the obstacles.