1. Travel. And it doesn’t need to be expensive and elaborate. A weekend getaway would be enough to clear your mind.
2. Meet new people. New friendships open new horizons. They have the power to change us for the better.
3. Get fit. “Mens sana in corpore sano” or “a healthy mind in a healthy body.”
4. Be honest and open. Spontaneity is everything. You don’t have to live by the book.
5. Live in the present moment. Don’t beat yourself up about the past and don’t worry about the future.
6. Stay away from negativity. Cut off any form of toxicity, be it a friend, lover, hobby, family member.
7. Release yourself from your burdens. Spend your time doing things that fill your soul and make you happy.
8. Take a week off. Turn off your phone. Focus on yourself. Pamper yourself. Make yourself a dinner. Go on shopping. Watch Netflix. Do anything you love doing.
9. Be who you are. If you want to wear sneakers instead of high heels – wear sneakers. Wear what makes you feel comfortable and more like yourself without caring about what others may think.
10. Focus on your mental and emotional wellbeing. Don’t exhaust yourself. It’s okay to leave the party earlier if you want to go to sleep.
11. Clean your home. It will instantly improve your mood.
12. Eat healthy for one whole month. Then, it will become a habit and it will do wonders for your health and your mood in general.
13. Take a workshop or course. Dancing, writing, acting, programming… anything! You can even watch online videos.
14. Focus on strengthening your relationships. Nurture the ones who feel good to your heart.
15. Keep a budget. You will feel more secure.
16. Make new boundaries and keep them. Never betray yourself.
17. Learn a new language. You can enroll in a course or you can try Duolingo, an app for learning new languages.
18. Success is based on change, not on outcome. Take baby steps and be adaptive and willing to change according to the circumstances.
19. Say ‘no’ to your bad habits for 6 months minimum.
20. Tell yourself that you are happy, every day!
Should you have any questions or would like to ask me for advice or hear my opinion on a topic that is important to you, don’t hesitate to send me an email to [email protected] and I’ll be happy to help you.