Ahh, the narcissist… they always come back, don’t they? I know how hard it may be to say ‘no’ to them and turn your back on their alluring charisma – but you must!
Here are 11 comebacks you can use for your favor to shut down the narcissist when they come back.
1. “DON’T CHANGE THE TOPIC.”
Of course, the narcissist will try to change any topic that it doesn’t suit them or expose them. So, whenever they try to do this, your job is to remind them of what you were talking about. Don’t let them fool you.
2. “SORRY, BUT I AM NOT MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE TWICE.”
Yes, the narcissist will try to come back into your life like nothing has happened. So, you have to stop them from manipulating you once again. Don’t fall for their tricks. Learn from your mistakes.
3. “I AM NOT SCARED OF YOU.”
The narcissist wants to be in power. They want to intimidate you. They want you to be afraid of them. Well, maybe you’ve been scared the first time. Not anymore.
4. “SLOW DOWN.”
They will try to rush things when they decide to come back to catch you in their web again. So, ask them politely to slow down so that you can better understand what they need of you.
5. “I AM ASSERTIVE AND DETERMINED THIS TIME.”
When they call you emotional and dramatic, make clear to them that you are not. Stand your ground and let them see the determined, changed and confident person that you’ve become.
6. “I ONLY BELIEVE THE THINGS I SEE.”
The narcissist always says one thing and they do another. Yes, they are always promising you the world but somehow beside heartache, you don’t get anything.
7. “I WILL DECIDE FOR MYSELF.”
The narcissist is such a control freak that they will try to make all the decisions for you. Don’t allow them. Only you have the power over your life and only you can decide what’s best for you.
8. “IT IS NOT MY FAULT.”
Remember that it was never your fault. Even though they were always putting the blame on you. Don’t let them play the victim again. You saw their true colors by now.
9. “THE WORLD DOESN’T REVOLVE AROUND YOU.”
The narcissist always feels entitled to everything. They feel that everyone should cater to their needs. They require constant attention and admiration. So, next time when they come back, make them see that now you are putting your needs first.
10. “I WILL NOT DO THIS RIGHT NOW.”
If they start being aggressive or verbally abusive, the best thing is to just walk away. No explanation needed.
The narcissist’s most dreaded word. Say it as often as you can. It will put them off their game every time.
- Dating an Overthinker Woman With A Big Heart And An Overthinking Mind Is Difficult But Worth It - 11/29/2022
- The Evil Mind Of The Narcissist And Their False World Based On Manipulation And Lies - 11/27/2022
- If You’re Not Happy With Your Life – Change It. It’s Your Responsibility To Do So - 11/17/2022