Confidence is the belief in your ability to succeed in everything that you put your mind to.
Don’t be mistaken, confidence is not having the ability to do anything. It is being aware of your strengths as well as your weaknesses. It’s knowing your own limits, but also having the courage to push those limits.
However, even though being self-confident is a remarkable trait, it is also very tricky. Too much of it, and you become an arrogant and rude know-it-all, but too little of it and you become an insecure and doubtful person who is too afraid to get out of their shell and seize the day.
Now, I am sure that you all know a person whose presence captivates the minds of everyone around them. Someone who lights up the whole room the minute they walk in. Someone who possesses charm, allure, inner beauty, fire, and a certain ‘je ne sais quoi’.
Here are 10 common habits these people have that make them very likable:
1. They are active listeners. They respect other people’s opinions and they are interested in what others have to say. People love to talk and share their story with someone who knows how to listen without always replying. And confident people have no trouble being there for others. That’s what makes these amazing human beings so loveable.
2. They are fluent in body language. Confident people don’t cover their self-confidence. You can see it in the way they carry themselves, in the way they walk, in the way they communicate and in the way they smile. These people are fluent in body language.
3. They are curious explorers. Their brains are thirsty for knowledge. Their hearts are hungry for adventure. Their souls are desperate for more and more experiences. Confident people are very curious individuals.
4. They believe that a positive mindset can do wonders. Confident people know that the mind is everything. Life has taught them that happiness can only be found in themselves. That is why these people believe in the law of attraction. Their hearts radiate positivity and in return, they are always surrounded by joy and happiness.
5. They have a big, glistening smile on their faces. And let’s admit it, a smile is the prettiest thing that you can wear. It’s a curve that makes everything right. Solves many problems and makes this world a much more beautiful place.
6. They are not afraid to show the world how vulnerable they are. Confident people don’t perceive their vulnerability as weakness. They are proud of who they are, and they are strong enough to show everyone that no one, no matter how charming, strong and beautiful is perfect. Sharing their story with the world just shows how humble and honest these people are.
7. They know that true happiness can be found only within their hearts. So, they don’t bother searching for it in other people. Confident people don’t need to get attention to feel good. They don’t need others to make them happy. They create their happiness on their own. By doing the things they love without wondering what others think about them.
8. They only compete with themselves. Confident individuals are not interested in comparing their lives to the lives of everyone else. They are not interested in going with the flow. Their purpose in life is not destroying everyone and everything that stands in their way of reaching their dreams. Their purpose is competing with themselves.
9. They don’t feel the need to always be right. Because they know that they aren’t. Confident people are aware that as human beings, they are imperfect and flawed. That means that making mistakes is something they regularly do, just like every other person out there. The fact that they genuinely believe in themselves does not give them the right to be superior over others and it certainly does not give them the right to think that their opinion is more important than someone else’s.
10. They don’t care about being at the center of attention. They couldn’t care less about being seen, noticed, praised or worshiped. Confident people know their own worth and they don’t need the validation of others to feel good about themselves. When it comes to their place under the spotlight, they don’t mind sharing it with everyone else.
Latest posts by Stephanie Reeds (see all)
- Anti Abortion Lawmakers Shouldn’t Be Making Laws About Women: They Have No Idea How Our Bodies Work - 05/20/2019
- It’s Hard, But You Have Face The Truth: He’s Just Not That Into You - 05/20/2019
- Being Alone Is Better Than Being In A Relationship With Someone Whose Heart Doesn’t Match Yours - 05/18/2019