Dermal filler treatment is a popular procedure of aesthetic medicine. Its safety, effectiveness, and long-lasting duration are beloved by medical professionals and their patients worldwide.
Buy what are the expected results after dermal fillers? And what side effects might they cause? Let us find answers to these questions right away!
Dermal fillers are intended for professional use. Therefore, only certified medical professionals (dermatologists, cosmetologists, or plastic surgeons) are eligible to buy them from dermal filler suppliers.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are cosmetic injectables that fulfill a wide range of aesthetic purposes. Depending on the main active substance in their composition, they might be divided into the following types:
- Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers (for instance, Belotero, Juvederm, Restylane, and so on);
- Calcium hydroxylapatite fillers (for instance, Radiesse);
- Poly-L-lactic acid fillers (for instance, Sculptra).
Dermal fillers might also be divided according to their main aesthetic purpose. For instance, Belotero Lips is a lip filler since it is primarily used to augment lips. While Belotero Hydro is a mesotherapy solution since it is applied to hydrate the mesoderm of the skin.
What Are the Indications and Contraindications of Dermal Filler Injections?
Injectable treatments with the help of dermal fillers are indicated for aging skin that started to lose its elasticity, volume, and moisture. As well, they are implied for poorly contoured, thin, and dehydrated lips.
In other words, a dermal filler injected beneath the skin has the power to rejuvenate and enhance the overall appearance of a patient. Thus, it helps a patient to look younger and more attractive.
Dermal fillers might be used to address a wide range of aesthetic indications. For instance, lip fillers effectively improve the appearance of a patient’s lips. Cheek fillers restore volume in the mid-face. Wrinkle fillers minimize skin creases. And so on.
Despite the fact that dermal filler treatments are exceptionally safe, not each and every person is a good candidate for them. Namely, injectable fillers should not be administered if:
- A patient has an allergic reaction to any component of a dermal filler (for instance, hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxylapatite, or poly-L-lactic acid);
- A patient is currently taking incompatible medications (for instance, blood-thinning pills, fish oil, and so on) or undergoing incompatible treatments;
- A patient lives with a serious health problem (such as poor blood clotting, increased blood flow, or cold sore);
- A patient experiences an ongoing skin irritation around the treated area;
- A patient is pregnant or breastfeeding.
It is a task of a medical professional to run a thorough investigation of a patient’s health condition a week prior to the treatment to make sure that there are no contraindications to facial or lip injections. This way, a number of unwanted complications might be avoided.
What Are the Expected Results of Dermal Fillers?
In most cases, the expected results of dermal fillers are the following ones:
- Reduction of facial wrinkles (for instance, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, or crow’s feet);
- Augmentation of the lips;
- Restoration of lost facial volume;
- Contouring of the face;
- Hydration of the skin.
Under normal circumstances, the first results of dermal filler injections appear immediately after treatment. Still, it might take a few days for the final results to become fully visible.
Depending on such individual properties of each patient as their current health condition, skin type, and age, the desired results of dermal fillers might last from several months to a couple of years (unless prolonged by periodical touch-up injections).
The average duration of a dermal filler equals nine to twelve months. It is a normal result reported by a vast majority of patients who have undergone the procedure at a qualified medical professional and followed their aftercare advice.
Poly-L-lactic acid fillers tend to have the longest duration of action if compared to other injectable treatments. The main reason for it lies in its synthetic (but nevertheless fully biodegradable) nature.
What Are the Possible Side Effects After Dermal Fillers?
Under normal circumstances, injections of dermal fillers do not cause any serious adverse reactions. However, they might lead to the following side effects:
- Skin irritation around the treated areas (including redness, itching, bruising, and swelling);
- Painful sensations at the injection site;
- Lumps and bumps.
The above-mentioned side effects tend to have a temporary nature. In most cases, they disappear several days after the treatment and do not require any medical supervision. Still, it is extremely important to contact your doctor if noticing any of them.
What Are the Ways to Prolong the Results of Dermal Filler Injections?
There exist several ways to prolong the results of dermal fillers. Among the main ones are:
- Undergo periodical touch-up injections (namely, a patient might schedule a new filler appointment with their doctor after noticing that the results of the previous one start to fade away);
- Avoid strenuous exercise, intense heat, or direct sunlight at least forty-eight hours after the procedure (more precisely, medical professionals recommend waiting at least a few days after the treatment to return to the gym);
- Do not apply pressure or make up the treatment area several days after the injections;
- Keep the elevated head for at least one day after the treatment;
- Apply a cool compress to the injection site to reduce pain after the procedure (or in case itching, bruising, or swelling resolves after it).
In some cases, a medical professional might provide a patient with a number of specific instructions on how to prolong the results of the treatment and recover quickly (for instance, a recommendation to wear a silk sleep mask during the recovery time). These instructions have to be based on the individual peculiarities of a patient).
To Sum Up
Summarizing the above-mentioned information, you might expect instantly-visible and long-lasting results after dermal fillers. So, how about scheduling an appointment with your medical professional and getting one step closer to the appearance of your dreams right away?
- Hidden Link Between Laundry Habits and Social Interactions - 06/06/2023
- The Advantages of Choosing a Reputable Online Metal Construction Manufacturer for Exciting Deals and Discounts - 06/06/2023
- Cats Thriving with CBD: Enhancing Feline Health and Happiness Through Proper Administration for All Breeds - 06/06/2023